SATURDAY: After a hotel breakfast, we were up and off to Sea World which was about 45 min away. On our way we passed the San Diego temple. It was beautiful but there was no temple grounds to go walk around. I had wanted to stop but there was nothing really to see besides the temple.
We got to Sea World right on time and got in the park pretty easily. Right as we walked in we found a fish pool full of little Mollys that nibble on you hand. The kids (and Chad) enjoyed it.
There is more to SEE than DO at Sea World but our kiddos enjoyed it. Carter kept asking where all the rides were!And boy did we find one! This Manta Ray coaster is absolutely nuts. I don't know if I've ever been so scared on a ride! Wow is it wild! We also went on another coaster that was by it and we all got soaked first thing in the morning!
There is a dolphin pool behind us but there were no shows that day. You had to pay a little extra to get the dolphin experience so we just watched it from a far.
I was SO excited to learn that they still have an orca whale show!! I thought they had done away with it but THIS was my favorite part of the trip. Its the thing I remember best from when I went as a kid and it was just as great.
We got pretty toasty durring the wait, but don't worry, we bought a $20 drink to keep us cool. And you better bet that we got our money's worth! You could fill it up anywhere around the park for free. Really, it probably saved us money.
And when the whales appeared I was in awe again about how huge they are!!!
and amazing! How does something so heavy and large effortlessly do these tricks?!
Simply amazing!
HELLO!
GOOD BYE!
And we got....DRENCHED! My kids were not as impressed as I was...but hey, it was hot, and we all got cooled off.
Just a little wet!
The flamingos were fun to see and feed.
And the turtles and shark pool were cool!
This seal show was a good thing to end the day with. It was SO funny! We laughed alot and had a good time!
We ended the day with some Del Taco and headed back to our room to catch some ZZZs!


















No comments:
Post a Comment