A year or so ago Chad's parents challenged us to read the book of mormon. They gave us a chart to follow with fun things to do at the end of every chapter and promised a party when we completed it. I was thinking something simple...bowling, movie, etc. .... But when we called to tell them we had finished the BofM they threw together a party at the last minute.
First we retold the story of the brother of Jared and then we made some glowing stones.
Grandma was the master mind behind it all.Here's Chad telling the story.
We all were supposed to dress up as a BofM character so here's my best outfit.
We then learned of the story of Nephi breaking his bow from Grandpa who was dressed as Nephi. We constructed little bow and arrows and went outside for a hunting trip!
After hunting, we came in to make some "secret combination" pizzas! They were tasty and the kids had fun constructing their own.
And we finished off the night with some golden plate cookies! YUM!
We were so grateful for the thoughtful party that they organized for us. It's fun to watch the kids learn and comprehend the scripture stories. I'm glad we could have a big party and make a big deal out of finishing the book of mormon so that the kids would know of its importance. I'm grateful for the scripture habit we have been able to create as a family. I know it helps us every day and brings the spirit to our lives. Most of all, I hope it is helping my little people make it a habit every day!They are true and I'm so glad we have them!











No comments:
Post a Comment