The day after Thanksgiving while we were still in Idaho, we got some awful news. A family friend had passed away unexpectedly from a heart condition. He was assigned to our ward as the high councilman. He became a good friend to Chad and was the one who set him apart when he was put into Elders Quorum. He helped me get the stake fitness classes going and was a friend I joked around with at church often. We were shocked and saddened. But one of my favorite things about this Tooele community is that when tragedy happens, EVERYONE rallies to help the families. Fun runs were put together, t-shirts were made, many miracles happened. He was the kind of guy who left his mark on anyone he met, for the better. This hashtag was born to honor him and to remember to leave our marks on the world.
I attended the massive funeral and was so pleased when i pulled up to see that the scouts (whom he had served many years with) had lined the whole church with flags. What a neat tribute! I attended the viewing and almost wished I didn't. It was hard to see him NOT smiling because I don't think I ever saw him not smiling and that is how I wished to remember him.This is what I wrote on facebook the day we learned.
Oh Marc Taylor! Our hearts are broken! You touched so many lives in your 48 years. Thank you for your care and concern and friendship. I'll never forget when you cornered me in the hall and told me you were grateful for our friendship and said you were glad you could joke around with me. You helped me get the stake fitness classes off the ground and supported us so much. I heard you give several inspired blessings and I know you always strived to serve others. You claimed our 8th ward as your own even though you belonged to canyon creek and you came every week as our high councilman! My husband grew to love you too and you are someone we both looked up to and you inspired him as a runner and a spiritual adviser. Hopefully you are running miles around the pearly gates and making beautiful music with that big contagious smile. Our lives have been made better for knowing you.
We will miss you Marc!



No comments:
Post a Comment