Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Shocking news

A few days after Chad's birthday we got a phone call to come into meet with the Stake President. I was sure it was for Chad and I was sure it was for Elders Quorum Pres. The meeting came and sure enough... I was right. He accepted and I was on board. As we met with the Stake Pres I asked him how he balanced everything. Life, Family, church callings, etc. He looked right at me and said, "I don't." Not the answer I was expecting. He said " I focus on whatever is struggling in my life and put all my energy into that. If its my calling, I focus there, if its my family, I focus there."
I left his office feeling confident that we could carry these 2 big callings ( him EQP and me primary president) and we would be ok.

I was absolutely shocked when one sunday the first counselor came down to primary and told me I was going to be released. I told him no I would be fine. And he said he would pass the word along. I didnt think too much more about it. We live in a ward where a few families hold the majority of the callings. And I was willing to do it. I then met with the bishopric counselors later that week and presented a few concerns. But they stopped me before I could get too far along and told me I, indeed, was going to be released. I was so shocked! My mouth hung open and I didn't know whether to jump for joy or cry. I'd been praying for some stress relief...PP isn't the easiest calling I've ever had and it had been taking a toll on me. So I had to believe that this was an answer to my prayers. I left their office filling lighter. 

But with that came a ton of responsibility of getting things ready for a new president coming in for a new year! We got some sad news that my Uncle Lynn had passed away that week too and so while we rode in the car to Idaho to his funeral, I stayed very busy finishing the christmas gifts for the primary kids. 
I only served for about 7 months. I can't keep a calling longer in this ward for very long. But it is one I grew the most in. I felt more compassion for people than I had in a while. Learned to be less judgmental and lots of love grew in my heart for those 8th ward kiddos. I was quite sad some days and really relieved some days. It was a little emotional roller coaster for a few weeks. But my 1st counselor, Gail Kaletta, ended up being the new president and I was so glad it was her! She will be incredible!

No comments: