Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas with Grandma

And we're off! We ended up taking 2 cars to get all our stuff and gifts to grandmas! But I'm glad we did it. One of my very favorite christmas memories was christmas at their home. I'm so glad I have that memory. It made it seem even more magical. And while we probably won't do that very often, I'm glad they will have this memory. 
 Everyone was home but Tony. They were in Mexico. Everyone worked together to make it a wonderful weekend.
 Since we knew it was my mom's first christmas with both of her parents gone, we decided to incorporate some italian traditions into our celebration. I attempted this new dessert....Strufolli! It was ok..but not incredible.
 Jordan and Adam came up with some games to play.

 You had to hold a spaghetti noodle in your mouth and put a penne noodle on and it and carry it to the other end of the room and drop it in a bowl.
 The kids loved it!
 Then we opened gifts and there was alot of people in one room with a lot of gifts! The girls got Moana dolls.


 All the kids went together and bought a blanket for mom with all the pictures from grandpas house she took. It was a really sweet gift and I think she liked it!


 And a Moana wig for Bri and a cute dress for Ry.


 The fam on Christmas eve sunday
 Christmas Eve we went to church and came home and had a nice dinner. While the others packed to leave we settled in for the weekend. That evening we let the kids open their christmas eve gifts!
 This year they included BLANKETS with pjs!



 And we always do a game on christmas eve as a tradition and this year it was a Just Dance XBOX game. They danced the evening away in their new pjs.



When it was time to calm down, Dad read the Night Before Christmas Story and Grandma read from the Bible and let the kids act out the nativity with the little people. We also listened to recordings of Grandpa DeGiulio read the Night Before Christmas. A VERY special memory. Stay tuned for Christmas morning!

No comments: